Blade Sharpening Service Price List
Sharpening up to 3” Wide Bands
- Up to 2” wide bands pricing: Includes Sharpening and setting the teeth (Add $2.00 to price below per blade to sharpen 3” bands)
- Up to 209” long; $8/ blade ($20 if Stellite)
- 210” up to 261” long; $12 / blade ($24 if Stellite)
- 262” up to 299” long $15 / blade ( $27 if Stellite)
- 300” -400” long and up $30 / blade ($60 if Stellite)
In addition to these fees there is a $15 one time machine configuration fee for sharpening less than 10 blades in a profile.
Blades need to come in either coiled up and separated, or in a figure 8 with the metal clip on them. Blades that do not come in this way will be charged a handling fee of $1.00 per blade.
Blades that are not picked up or paid for and shipped within 30 days of notification that the blades are sharp and ready to go may be forfeited and become the property of Far West. Please be prepared to pick your blades up or have them shipped in a timely fashion.
We do have Fed Ex return labels. Please ask if you would like some. With this label, you will call FedEx and they will ship the blades back to Far West – a $15 freight fee will be added to your sharpening invoice for this service in addition to the return fee of $21.00 per box for freight – for standard blades up to 184” only. Others quoted individually.
Sometimes blades cannot be resharpened. Reasons to reject blades for resharpening include:
- The blade is coil set (the blade is over-stressed and will fold on itself).
- The blade is missing two or more teeth in a row.
- The blade band has been twisted or bent.
- The blade band is too low for the sharpener (the blade has been sharpened too many times/too much material has already been ground from the blade).
- The blade has no set on one of its sides.
- Severe rust is present.
- The blade has tooth spacing or profile uncommon to Wood-Mizer blades
IF YOU WANT YOUR BAD BLADES RETURNED, YOU MUST NOTIFY US IN ADVANCE, OTHERWISE THE BLADES THAT CANNOT BE SHARPENED ARE DISPOSED OF.
Bandsaw blade sharpening services available in the greater Sacramento California area.